14 October 2011

Talent Rising (R&B/Soul): Johnny Rawls' "I'm a Bluesman" (2009)

Johnny Rawls, Ace of Spades (album, 2009)

I first heard Johnny Rawls' 2009 song I'm A Bluesman on cable radio (Music Choice blues channel) last week. It took a while to track a copy down, but success came "with a little help from me friends." I had immediately fallen in love with the track the first time I heard it, so scoring a copy was a major coup. Gotta watch the pennies without letting it hurt the music.

So, to help get the word out on this mature, rising, classic R&B talent, here's Johnny Rawls' album cut of I'm a Bluesman (2009).
__________________________________


Johnny Rawls' I'm a Bluesman (2009)
__________________________________

"Rawls is a true soul-blues renaissance man..." Allmusic Guide (online). Damn right!

1 comment:

whiteray said...

That is a great tune! Great find!